Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 10 (Philadelphia, PA)

Waiting for the Valet to bring the truck around so we can get on the road and head to our next destination.

It's so hard to say goodbye to NYC!!!

Last look at the NYC skyline on the New Jersey Turnpike...

The best shot of the Statue of Liberty, from New Jersey... Cause you can not see it from New York, no matter what anyone tells you...

So we finally got a Welcome to New Jersey sign after I gave the wrong directions and we ended up heading back into New York City... We had to pay another toll, which mom wasn't too happy about, but we got to see the Statue of Liberty and the Welcome Sign... (Word to the wise, make sure you don't make any wrong turns on the NJ Turnpike, you will end up paying an extra $10.00)

Crossing the bridge into Philadelphia, PA!!!

Our hotel is right down the street from the Reading Terminal Market... A place to get fresh fruit, philly cheesesteaks, fresh produce, and sweet treats.

Our First Philly Cheesesteaks...

Dominique taking his first bite.... They were good but we aren't big fans of the cheesesteaks...

We walked down to Independence Historical Area to get some information about the City of Brotherly Love!

This is the famous "Independence Hall", the place where the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Dad gets excited when he is surrounded by fellow National Park Service personnel...

Mom, dad, and Nique standing next to the Liberty Bell... We almost got kicked out cause Nique threw a ball and it hit the bell putting that crack in it... lol... Thank God Dad knows some people...

People asked me at one point, why I was going on a roadtrip with my family and not my friends... I couldn't imagine experiencing all these wonderful things in life without this little guy by my side.. I love my brother!!!

Ok, so for everyone that didn't know... What I said about Nique was a joke... The bell was cracked long ago!

We have to make sure that we donate to all of our National Monuments so that they are taken care of for a long time.

Mom ,Nique, and Nelson Mandela!!!

Ya'll didn't know me and the Dali Lama was cool like that huh??

If you come to Philadelphia make sure you stop by The Franklin Fountain for some homemade and delicious dessert!

Mom and I shared the Mount Vasuvious!!! It was delicious!!!

"Bringing History to Life"


1 comment: